Gasketing Product - excellent oil and chemical resistance. General purpose. Highly flexible.
LOCTITE 5188 is a highly flexible sealant which cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It is designed for use on rigid metal flanged connections, particularly where minor oil contamination of the flange surfaces can occur. The product is particularly suitable for use on aluminium substrates where very good adhesion is needed. It ensures an instant, low-pressure seal. For sealing rigid flange faces on transmissions and engine casings.
- Ideal for sealing all kinds of rigid metal flanges, especially aluminium flanges
- Excellent in demanding applications
- Excellent chemical resistance, highly flexible
- Superior adhesion, can tolerate slight oil contamination on the flange surface
- Colour: Red
- Max. gap size: 0.25 mm
- Service temperature range: -55 to +150°C
- Tensile shear strength in N / mm²: 7
- Substrate to be sealed: Metals
- Fixture time steel: 25 min
- Fixture time Aluminium: 10 min