Retaining Compound - high strength. High temperature resistance. Ideal for retention of parts with a clearance or interference fit.
LOCTITE 648 is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. It exhibits a robust curing performance. The product also works on passive substrates and offers high-temperature performance and good oil tolerance.
- High temperature resistance
- Proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils
- High strength on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel)
- Ideal for retention of parts with a clearance or interference fit
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 148350
- DVGW Approval (EN 751-1): NG 5146C00236
- WRAS Approval (BS 6920): 0808532
- Colour: Green
- Max. gap size: 0,15 mm
- Service temperature range: -55 to +180°C
- Tensile shear strength in N / mm²: > 25
- Approvals: P1 NSF Reg. No.: 148350, DVGW Approval (EN 751-1): NG 5146C00236, WRAS Approval (BS 6920): 0808532
- Fixture time steel: 3 min.
- Thixotropy: No